Guateng Small bike Ride --RR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
What a pleasant suprise to arrive at the normal departure time and not feeling like riding past with the normal large groups waiting to go on a ride. ::)

Three in total excluding myself ---i cheated --sold my Xr250r the night before and i had to re-badge my small Hussie to do the ride with.

Varadero - Tracy both from Johannesburg --Thank's both for making the loooooong trip on your small bikes and joining in on the ride.
Jacques M also joined in --all the way from Delmas --Dankie J.

Soooooooooooooo --Here are the bikes of the three musketeers  ;)

And the Three Musketeers.

It was soon evident that we all jelled well and after sussing them out for a few Km's i knew we were all going to have Fun as i saw that they all were confident riders and that i could throw in a few  HP ( heart and poepol) moments to keep them on there toes --or footpegs.

After stops and taking some pics of the three --i would often be greeted with THIS attitude --Hurry up the sun is not going to stay up forever.......... :p

Nevertheless decided to go and ride some areas where the normal big DS bikes find it hard to ride and move like snails on salt at times --or just avoid the areas--

A little water to soften the Dust --

Had lunch at Cullinan and then back to the trail that was calling our names to join--

By now we were greeting Jacques -M who had to go back to Delmas.

He reminded me of how Old this sign must be --at least 20 years plus ---

Ready to roll again--along the railway tracks --

And then the way only a lady has about her --wash bike and kit in one go --Not to mention the parking of the bike afterwards that would make even Brian Cappa sit back in amazement -- ::)

Tracy All washed and dusted and ready to go again--

Well  done all --and for those out there who have never ridden a small bike --just do it one day and you will come to enjoy it --

Total distance for me in my backyard was 175km' for Varadero and Tracy 305km --not bad for a small bike  :mwink:

Anytime you want to do a small ride again pm me --i will gladly set it up was great to have met you both and enjoyed showing you parts of my backyard---

Pity not more showed up on the ride…It would probably not mean anything if I say that I would have joined if I was back in SA on the DR200…that happens when you are working abroad!

Nice track and ride anyhow, looks like a nice playground!  :thumleft: :laughing4:

Slaaiblaar said:
Lekker...

Any route info for this?

Rode and changed the route as we went along depending on the riders ---Know the area like the back of my hand --unfortunately i have no GPS co-ords --But buy me coffee and i will draw a map for you or even send you a old route more or less the same -- ::)

TVB said:
Pity not more showed up on the ride…It would probably not mean anything if I say that I would have joined if I was back in SA on the DR200…that happens when you are working abroad!

Nice track and ride anyhow, looks like a nice playground!  :thumleft: :laughing4:

Working -A -Broad --Whats her name-- :peepwall:

Oops forgot you ARE overseas-- :-[

I know you would have joined --

But you all know how much i love riding --i would even go for a ride if i was the ONLY one who showed up..Must say i actually enjoyed the small group --

laurika said:
blazes said:
laurika said:
ah, you had fun, can see that! :thumleft:

En waar was jy  ???
my bike is mos too big M? i was in cullinan tho ...a lot of bikes passed, none covered in dust...

We would have made a special arrangement for you and re-badged your bike for you  ::)

Mmmmm ----  of course you know the ones without dust and rim tape are the posers  :peepwall:

blazes said:
laurika said:
blazes said:
laurika said:

En waar was jy  ???
my bike is mos too big M? i was in cullinan tho ...a lot of bikes passed, none covered in dust...

We would have made a special arrangement for you and re-badged your bike for you  ::)

Mmmmm ----  of course you know the ones without dust and rim tape are the posers  :peepwall:
yes, then we are fine....there was dust, loads of dust!

laurika said:
blazes said:
laurika said:
blazes said:
laurika said:

En waar was jy  ???

yes, then we are fine....there was dust, loads of dust!

We left Cullinan at 1.30--usually that time with a big group we are still leaving the starting point  ::)

Luckily with only three people and myself we could space ourselves out and take the tweespoor tracks and single tracks that were not that dusty--

Thanks for another brilliant ride, M. We thoroughly enjoyed.

Any decent off-road vehicle has a transfer box to improve its ability when it leaves the tar road, by making it slower.

We found out that an XR125 works somewhat like that, with one exception:

In Varadero's hand it goes much faster off the tar than on.

Thanks for the company, wonderful people you are.

Attachments

• 250-Rit 028R.jpg
    250-Rit 028R.jpg
    69.9 KB
  • 250-Rit 030R.jpg
    250-Rit 030R.jpg
    71 KB
  • 250-Rit 033R.jpg
    250-Rit 033R.jpg
    79.7 KB
  • 250-Rit 034R.jpg
    250-Rit 034R.jpg
    79.2 KB
  • 250-Rit 035R.jpg
    250-Rit 035R.jpg
    71.4 KB
blazes, once again thanks for an absolutely awesome day.  Tracey and I left Bedfordview at 7 in the morning, she aboard her much loved Honda XL200R and me on my brand new delivery bike - a Honda XR125L.  I took delivery of the little XR on Wednesday and after getting it licenced and registered on Thursday took it for a quick 60km ride on the Friday just to see that it would actually be capable of getting my unique physique to Pretoria on Saturday morning :biggrin:

The ride was awesome - scenic, dusty, sand, rocks, mud, water, railway lines, did I mention dusty  :biggrin:  Pretty much everything that I look forward to on any ride.  We eventually got back home after 5 that afternoon and I was a bit surprised to see that our total distance for the day was an impressive 305km - on a 125!  We'll definitely be on your next small bike run  :thumleft:  

JacquesM said:
Thanks for another brilliant ride, M. We thoroughly enjoyed.

Any decent off-road vehicle has a transfer box to improve its ability when it leaves the tar road, by making it slower.

We found out that an XR125 works somewhat like that, with one exception:

In Varadero's hand it goes much faster off the tar than on.

Thanks for the company, wonderful people you are.

:laughing4:  :imaposer:  :imaposer:

Jacques, it was an absolute pleasure to make your acquantance  :thumleft:

By the way I didn't get to tell you before you rode offinto the sunset that that AirAge pipe gives your TW quite a bark  :thumleft: 

Varadero said:
blazes, once again thanks for an absolutely awesome day.  Tracey and I left Bedfordview at 7 in the morning, she aboard her much loved Honda XL200R and me on my brand new delivery bike - a Honda XR125L.  I took delivery of the little XR on Wednesday and after getting it licenced and registered on Thursday took it for a quick 60km ride on the Friday just to see that it would actually be capable of getting my unique physique to Pretoria on Saturday morning :biggrin:

The ride was awesome - scenic, dusty, sand, rocks, mud, water, railway lines, did I mention dusty  :biggrin:  Pretty much everything that I look forward to on any ride.  We eventually got back home after 5 that afternoon and I was a bit surprised to see that our total distance for the day was an impressive 305km - on a 125!  We'll definitely be on your next small bike run  :thumleft:  

Great to have met the two of you--and got to know the person behind the keyboard a little better--

What would a Cullinan ride be without some rocky service roads?

M doing a bit of trainspotting

Cruising the tar 125 style  :biggrin:

Nice day ride you guys had for sure.......Thanks for sharing.

The little XR keeping good company ...

M blazing on the Husky

Jacques styling on his TW

Is he in front of us or behind us?  :biggrin: