F650GS twin battery issues?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manta

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Hi

I need to first give some background before I launch into my questions.

I have a 2008 F650GS twin. It is my wife's bike but I  currently use the bike to commute. I commute 46km per day.

The bike is 4 years old and I am going onto my third battery.

August 2011
The bike refused to start. What happened was this, I put the key in, turned the key, all the lights came on and the needles did their pre start thing. As soon as I pushed the button everything went black and nothing happened. BMW came to fetch the bike and I was told it was the battery. I called bull because the battery was new. It was not a BM battery so they blamed the battery.

However, they kept the bike, a day later I was told to fetch the bike, no battery replaced but the bike worked. No one could tell me what happened.

July 2012
Almost one year on, see above description, the exact same thing happened. BM came to fetch the bike, I get a call, again it is the battery. I explain what happened last year but they insist it is the battery. Ok, so BM graciously fights with the after market battery supplier and gets me a battery under warranty no cost (GO BMW!!)

Now my issue, this keeps happening and these batteries are not old. I ride everyday so the bike does not stand.
Is this normal?
I am losing confidence in the bike because it always seems to break when I am nowhere near home.
My wife will start using the bike again and I cannot afford for her to get stuck.
Is this a battery issue, is it a bike issue.

I need some help please.
Thanks
M