Im going where no man has been before (I hope)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coxwain

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
Yep ....I'm going in deep and  I'm going in dirty.....Its gear box over haul time.
As I mentioned in a post a little while back, my gearbox is sounding a little noisy. So before I have catastrophic damage to the box I have decided to overhaul the bearings and put in a new clutch. After 134000 on the original clutch ...Its time.
So a couple of questions : (Hi Welsh  :biggrin:)
1) Is it necessary to replace the pressure plate or do I just replace the clutch plate. I have no issues with the clutch at present. Its just that while I have it apart I may as well do the clutch.

2) Do I need to remove the air box and fuse box to get her bum in the air ?

3) How do you remove the Bowden Box (I think that's what its called) Its that thing under the battery plate that operates the throttle cables.

4) What do I need to watch out for when I remove the box. Any advise here is most welcome.

So far the Blushing Porker has been stripped down to the point where I need to lift her tail so I can get to her box..... :eek: Oh God that sounds soooo bad ... :snorting: