• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

KDX 200 for sale KZN - sold :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonova

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
Edited.....24/04/2013
hey all
I bought a KDX from a mate with the thought of having it on the farm so that i have a play bike there too. But actually it's not the most intelligent idea as i'll hardly be home for the next 2 years at least. I already have my KTM 250 for playing so i guess it's dumb to have both.
I got it in pretty dirty nick and it had been sitting for a good year and 1/2 i think. He rode it only a very few times. I remember when he got the bike and it was in PRESTINE condition - super clean and well cared for. I bought the bike without seeing it again 2 1/2 years later as i knew it was mechanically well cared for by the previous owner and then basically just stored in Brandfort.
From what i understand it's a 2006, but i have the chassis num at home - will add later.
I gave it a good service - oil, cleaned and set carb according to basics here in hillcrest as was up in JHB before.
replaced the clutch outer housing as it had been dropped and the clutch pivot point had been broken (just at the top) and fixed with metal weld (i replaced with a second hand one, new spring and seal)
There is no hour meter or speedo.
it starts very easily (sommer 1st kick  :eek: - my Katoom could learn something!) and runs well - seems to have good power. There is an engine noise which i'm not used to (like a tapping kinda thing at idle, but nothing when riding, and no vibration or anything) but a mate who knows the bikes says it's normal (i'm just used to the ktm) for the KDX's.
Wheel bearings have no play, same for neck bearings. Front Light works. No papers. Some rust spots here and there - nothing deep. Tyres - front basically new, rear 1/2 worn. will need a new masterlink before i'd ride it too much, and the chain and sprockets, although not worn out will need replacing at some point. The left radiator is a bit bent, no leaks or repairs.
FMF gold series gnarley header and power core 2 exhaust. Break pads - rear look brand new, front are still good and have more than 1/2 the pad.
Anyway - i thought i'd put it on here now as it may be going to a mate to sell after i get back to Natal and thought i'd give 1st option to WD's.
price i'd like is R14000 (edited 01/06/2013)
Ideally i'd like someone nearby who can check the bike and see in person. Bike is in Gillitts (hillcrest area), but i'll only be back there approx 7th - 10th May (long story, but need to help on the farm in the eastern cape at the moment) and then again in June.
In no rush to sell really so if no interest and my mate can't sell it, i'll keep it and use it for something hectic (sea to ski comes to mind :) ) I must say - since i was a kid i've always wanted a KDX..... she's so pretty :)
PM me or phone me on 0828742615
P4080144_zpsd30ae06c.jpg

P4080143_zps741fb6f9.jpg

P4080142_zpsd739cfd3.jpg

P4080141_zpsc13ac1d3.jpg

P4080140_zps09bce894.jpg

P4080139_zps483b0a3d.jpg

P4080138_zps71725254.jpg

P4080137_zpsf984f9a7.jpg