More About Luggage and Packing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carnivore

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
This is actually a request to those that travel hardcore to Angola and Lesotho and Ethiopia, unsupported, for many days.
Would you guys please share your experiences with packing? (Yes, there are other threads dealing with this subject generally, but I think this is specifically a "tough trip" context I am talking about.)

Metaljockey - one of your Kaokoland 2006 party had a milkcrate! And that obviously worked, and survived.
What did you guys pack, where, for Kaokoland and Angola?
SGB, what do you take to Lesotho?
Where do you carry tinned food?
Where do you stash the frying pan?
Do you prefer a pot with a long handle, or short stubby ears?
Do you repack for mass distribution, as you consume the tinned chow?
What do you use for extra water - where do you put it?
1NiteOwl - could you  share with us your Dar-es-Salaam packing strategy.

How about your clean clothing strategy - what works for you guys to keep foot- and goolie-rot at bay? 2/3 days at a time with no river/lodge/borehole in sight.... ta dahh! (Mycota and Johnsons mixed worked for me in Namibia.)

This requires some thought and time.... but I for one would be very appreciative!

Thanks in advance for some good advice, from some seriously competent Adventurers. Mrs Owls perspective would be very welcome - I have a mission to convince my missus to accompany me into the hinterland!