The Story of an Africa Twin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerard

Teelhond
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
Although I've always regretted selling my AT, and missed it much, I never actually thought I'd buy one again... until Metaljockey posted this one. When I decided to buy a bike again, THIS was the one I test rode, but snoozed and lost.

So I had to have it (I've actually been nagging him for a few years to sell it to me  :biggrin: ) This is the only pic I have at the moment. Will post more later.

From MJ's add I expected the worst and that the bike would be in a very poor condition, but was very pleased to find it in much better condition than expected. The bike was pristine when he bought it with 48 000km on the clock 8 years ago. It now shows 71 000km. It had stood for a long time and that is a concern, but it starts and runs like a sewing machine. So lets hope...

The cosmetics need attention, but that is small worry and will be sorted over time.

First order of business will be to drain the oil tonite and fish for tell tale metal pieces due to bearing deterioration from the standing.

Then its off to Barton at Track and Tar for some engine TLC and get it roadworthy. Next order of business will be to get Superfoxi to sort the suspention and then I'll get around to fixing up the cosmetics.

There's no rush, as at first I just want to ride and enjoy it. Just sitting on the bike yesterday and free wheeling it down MJ's drive way to the trailer, already gave me a nugget feeling  :biggrin:

So come along and share with me with what was my first love in DS biking.

Stickers - https://www.motor-stickers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_11_697_699&products_id=1632

Attachments

• DSC_0254.JPG
    DSC_0254.JPG
    193.1 KB · Views: 1,471