ARC helmet review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloudgazer

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
I own a full face BMW Sport Integral helmet.
And it's truly amazing: comfortable, silent and light.

But it's not an ideal DS helmet, the full face design fits so snugly that you sweat a lot, and it doesn't have the large field of vision that a DS helmet would offer.

Now i can't afford an Arai or the likes, and I know entry level helmets will be left lacking in some departments.

The ARC is a great looking helmet (reminiscent of a Storm Trooper).

I love that it feels almost like an open face helmet when compared to the Sport Integral.
I could be mistaken but it feels lighter than the Arai.

I was also surprised at how silent it is - but that's because ever since i fitted a higher screen to my dakkie the Integral whistles quite a bit now.
Wearing earplugs with the ARC was awesome.

It came with 2 visors (tinted and clear).
I fitted the tinted visor for the ride to Nelson's Creek.
What a waste!
It distorted my vision so much I felt car sick, and had to pull over on the side of the highway (before the engen 1 stop) to change to the clear visor.
The clear visor is much better, but not that great either.
It's okay on the open road, but I found it very disconcerting on the technical stuff, and was constantly choosing between eating dust or riding with the visor closed.
Needless to say I ate a lot of dust.

Now I know why the helmet is so cheap.

All in all, I suppose its fine to screw around with on short trips around town or for an outride.
Which is really why I got it. So it does the job it was supposed to.
Also, by using this helmet I'll be able to keep my more expensive helmet in better condition for longer.

So.... it was money well spent... but it wasn't a bargain.