PE Dawgs - Scouting trip - Gamtoos valley - 13 March 2009

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watty

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki Djebel 250XC
I got the day off tomorrow (yeb, blêrrie short-time has hit us too) and plan to go and re-visit some of the out-of-the-way roads/tracks in the Gamtoos valley.  Plan to trace the farm roads from Gamtoos estuary to Loerie, then via Hankey to Patensie/Andrieskraal.  Most of the route is gravel and along the river. 

Use to roam these places in my miss-spent youth on a Honda XL500S and was wondering if one can still get from Loerie to Hankey without hitting tar. 

This is a also a scouting trip to establish a real alternative and exciting route to get to Baviaans from PE .... the Elandsriver road is nice, but variety is better  :mwink: .  My idea is then basicallyto check these routes and then propose an "official" PE WD outride in the near future.

Although a bit of short notice, and being a Friday, any PE dog wants to join?   PM me or reply to this post.

Plan to meet at 08h30 @ N2 Freeway - Samantha Way interchange (just south of Metlife Plaza/Makro in Linton Grange)

Attachments

• Meet.jpg
    Meet.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 79