BAVIAANS (take II) Rain, Watercrossings & Crashing (bandwidth warning)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berm_Rooster

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Me and four of my colleagues are assigned to a job in PE, and since three of us are DS riders, we opt to take the bikes through to PE. Our route included only Montque Pass and Baviaanskloof Pass since we needed to complete the whole trip in one day.

Myself, Oros650, FlatSpin and Namkcab (visiting from GP) set off last week Tuesday.

I'm not gonna comment a lot, just enjoy the pictures....

BavIIa1.jpg

BavIIa2.jpg

BavIIa3.jpg

BavIIa4.jpg

Montaque had just had some rain the night before and the surface asked to be carved up a little  >:D

BavIIa5.jpg

BavIIa7.jpg

BavIIa6.jpg

BavIIa8.jpg

BavIIb1.jpg

BavIIb2.jpg

BavIIb3.jpg

BavIIa9.jpg

BavIIa10.jpg

BavIIa11.jpg

BavIIa12.jpg

BavIIa13.jpg

BavIIa14.jpg

BavIIa15.jpg

BavIIa16.jpg

BavIIa17.jpg

BavIIa18.jpg

BavIIa19.jpg

BavIIa20.jpg

BavIIa21.jpg

BavIIa22.jpg

BavIIa23.jpg

BavIIa24.jpg

BavIIa26.jpg

BavIIa27.jpg

BavIIa28.jpg

Although we had plenty of water, Smitskraal was completely dry ???

BavIIa29.jpg

BavIIa30.jpg

BavIIa31.jpg

BavIIa32.jpg

BavIIa33.jpg

BavIIa34.jpg

BavIIa35.jpg

You must admit, this was a good save.

BavIIa36.jpg

BavIIa37.jpg

BavIIa38.jpg

BavIIa39.jpg

BavIIa40.jpg

BavIIa41.jpg

BavIIa42.jpg

BavIIa43.jpg

BavIIa44.jpg

This one out of sequence ???

BavIIa45.jpg

BavIIa46.jpg

BavIIa47.jpg

BavIIa48.jpg

BavIIa49.jpg

Any guesses as to what happens next? We didnt get a pic of the high-side and I dont wanna make a meal out of it, but this turn has been officially renamed to "BOMPIE SE DRAAI".

BavIIa50.jpg

BavIIb8.jpg

BavIIb9.jpg

No more pics after this as it was getting late and we still had a long way to go.

We ended up doing the last 20 km in drenching rain!  :'(

<edit> can anyone tell me how to comress quicktime.mov files before uploading to FaceTube?

Mooi foto's BR.
Lyk of julle n lekke trip gehad het. :thumleft:

Did Bompie buy a farm or just a little plot ;D

Baviaans is looking much better after the little rain weve had!

Fokkit..................dit lyk lekker...............great pics Bermpie  :thumleft:

Ek begin sommer vandag om 'n volgende trip Baviaans toe te beplan..................nou dadelik!!!

Mooi fotos. Moes lekker trip geweew het.  :thumleft: :thumleft: Thanks

Thanks guzzies.

Fug, Bompie just got a little plot, but the dismount-ninja-roll-kickslap in the head was spectacular! It would have put a SWAT member to shame :evil:

Oppie, dit het lekker gereen in PE die laaste paar dae (na ons trippie), so kanse is dat dit nou nog beter gaan wees in die Bav. :ricky:

Lekker :thumleft:

Looks like you were in the right spot so see it unfold before your eyes  :D

Nice ride and RR!  :thumleft:
Waiting for more rain and off to Baviaans I go!  :drif:

Lekker RR BR !! I'm also off there as soon as I can , I will be doing it from kareedouw via the 4x4 route into Bav ! It's gonna be lekkerrrrrrrrrrrrrr !  :thumleft:

lekker
BR if you got Microsoft you should have windows moviemaker.
You can upload the movie and then save in a variety of types and sizes to make it smaller.

Thump said:
lekker
BR if you got Microsoft you should have windows moviemaker.
You can upload the movie and then save in a variety of types and sizes to make it smaller.

Thump, MS moviemaker wont import quicktime format. Maybe due to Apple copyright?

lekker trip BR   :thumleft:

maar jy het dit verkeerd om die keer,  die foto by die brug op Montague is gewoonlik aan die einde van die trip  :imaposer:

nice pics

Lekker foto's :thumleft: .Enigste probleem van foto's van die Baviaans is as ek dit sien dan wil ek weer soontoe :drif: