Does PE need a good KTM workshop?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you support a good aftermarket KTM service centre or wpould you rather stick to the official D

• Yes we need a decent aftermarket service centre and I will support it

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • I will continue to use the official KTM dealership

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I ride another brand and am also looking for a good aftermarket service centre

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

TornadoF5

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
The issue of service offered in PE, I realize has been hammered to a great extent and well to say the least very little change has really come from it..
This has made myself and I’m sure a lot of other people think about the service in the aftermarket arena and what they have to offer and if any of them are any good at taking care of your prize possession.. The thoughts of filthy workshops, mechanics with more oil in their mullets than a sump and that combined with missing teeth, to be honest, gives me shudders when I imagine taking a KTM to them...  ***  Please note I'm not referring to agents who are generally better organized, but rather the back alley type service centres***  So where does this leave us the few who have motorcycles out of warranty seeing there is no real alternative that I know of (correct me if I'm wrong) where we can take our bikes to?

Options are:

- Dirty mullet workshop
- KTM dealer that I don’t really want to use
- Ship my bike out of town
- Do it myself if I have the technical inclination to do it of course
- Or ask a mate who is a pretty good oke, to help me change the oil and buy him beers for a year

Now I'm not saying we need to replace the dealerships, hell we would need a kark load of money for that, but if there was a service centre not an official KTM one, but rather one who specializes in KTM's for the day-to-day things out of warranty e.g.
- services
- general repairs
- accident damage repairs
- motor rebuilds
- installation of accessories etc

Now the BIG question here is If this could be done at a fair price with good workmanship would you support a venture such as this?