Where's the experts...........Idle issues!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaco gs

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Where's all the experts? Welsh, Lonerunner and all the rest??? :)

So today I used my new feeler gauges( thx again Welsh) to do the valves on my twinspark 1150gs, it was a success!! :mwink:

Then I checked the timing and that was also set spot-on.

The last thing I did was to set the TPS, 0.360 volt on my fluke multimeter.(Is this value correct?) I also took out the number 5 fuse to reset the motronic system. Twist the throttle 3 times as instructed.

Everything was done by the book.

My main problem is that I cannot get the bike to idle on 1150rpm. I took out the BBS and cleaned them, I also checked the throttle cable play on both throttle body's. The throttle cams also return to the correct position against the stop screws.

With both the BBS turned out 1½ turns the bike was started and idled at about 1750rpm. With the manometer connected the BBS was turned in to adjust the idling to the correct rpm. At the end the right BBS was turned in all the way and the left one about a quarter  away from being turned in all the way. I couldn’t get it below 1500rpm. I also checked for air leaks but none was found.

Is there something I'm not doing right or what? Please help!!!!!!
??? ??? ??? ???