Wheel balancing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pom17

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
Hi guys

I bought my bike 3 months ago, new F800GS, this weekend I noticed that the wheel balancing may be out. When I put the bike on the centre stand and put it into gear and let the back wheel run, I noticed that the wheel is not balanced at all. It moves up and down and sideways quite a lot. I phoned Northside and they said that they can’t tell me anything, they have to see the bike first. But they are 330km away.
The big thing is that I have hardly done any gravel or bad roads, the bike have not taken any big hits up to date. And if it did take a hit that can cause the wheel balancing to be all messed up then I hardly noticed it. And in that case I definitely bought the wrong bike for what I intend to do with it.

Have anyone had a problem with this before? I don’t want to take it into BMW and they just balance the wheel and charge me twice as much as any other place would. And I don’t want to not take it in and then there might actually be something wrong with the wheel that the bike came with. I know the wheels on this bike are not great, but is it possible that they can be that useless?

Any help from the experts?
Thanks