1-2hr Rides around Jo'burg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanB

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
I'm looking for some D/S rides around Joburg that will take around 1-2hrs on the weekend.

My new Husky610 makes riding on tar boring, it can handle quite technical off-road stuff.  I've found a few routes but have done them to death, and they arent terribly difficult, and and was wandering what the other guys do.

I know the serious enduro guys go to "DeWildt" which I have never done yet.  BUT am trying hard to stay away from real hardcore competitive stuff, now that I have a competitive bike again, because I really dont feel like spending a few months in hospital again, so dont want to get into competitive situations where the the red light goes on in the brain and all other considerations get ignored, with fairly predictable results - if that makes any sense.

Are there any nice routes close to Jo-burg that one can ride with a mate or two at leisurely pace that offer some degree of off road challenge?