• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1150ADV For Sale -SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale

Puppy
Reaction score
The time has come for me to part ways with my 1150ADV.  

R69000
2004 Model
ABS and Heated grips
Full BMW pannier set and top box - painted dark grey by the previous owner.
Regular seat and BMW low seat.  Both of these have been recovered in gray and red
Other non-BMW aftermarket accessories:
Koako speed control
Wunderlich adjustable brake and clutch levers (I have the originals if you want them)
Wunderlich foot-peg lowering kit (can be easily removed)
Wunderlich 30mm handle-bar raisers
Autocom “super pro automatic” unit wired for rider, pillion, 2-way radio and GPS.  Apparently you can also hook a mobile phone to this system - I never tried it.
HID headlight
Headlight protector with orange lens
Martin Petzold C2P rear suspension.  He fitted a new spring and custom built shock with oil overflow canister with rebound and damping control.
Tank bag (not BMW)

Service history
Speedo shows 76600km, but it’s actually closer to 80000.  The speedo was not working for around 2500km during a long trip and I could only get it repaired once back in CapeTown.
It has just had it’s 80000km service last week at AutoAtlantic.
I purchased the bike at 37000km and have only serviced it with Shane at AutoAtlantic since then.  It has a full service history with BMW agents with the exception of the 70000 service which was done at Jungle Junction in Nairobi (Chris Handschau there is a BMW trained mechanic anyway)
I used it mainly for long trips, including a Trans-Africa trip last year.  Only issues I have had were the speedo drive that died and a leaking fork seal.  Other than that the bike runs beautifully.
Tyres are Heidenau and have about 800km on them.
I have the original manual and service books with necessary stamps.

Bike is in Cape Town.
Attached are 2 small pics.  Please mail me at daleedwards at me dot com if you want more info or other pics.

Attachments

• 1150 1.jpg
    1150 1.jpg
    124.4 KB
  • 1150 2.jpg
    1150 2.jpg
    116.3 KB