19 inch front .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
I have owned my 1190 for 5 years now and on my 4th set of tyres , get around 15k kilos on the rear and then I fit new . My go to was the METZ TOURANCE , sadly they have been discontinued .
My last replacement I fitted a KENDA PAVER on the rear and last minute decided the Tourance front might not last the trip to Cape town and back , and replaced the front with a Motoz tractionator gps . At first I was a bit sceptical , tyre had bigger knobs and mare spacing between the blocks , more offroad than road I thought but the price was in the budget . Was pleasantly surprised ,tyre handled well . Rear showing major wear .
Now with the 19 front , when riding on dirt the front always felt as if on marbles , with the Motoz this was not the case , and made me decide to fit a rear as well . Off to BTW Midrand , only to ne informed no stock . Had a look at the offerings .
Not keen to go full offroad , leaving options limited . What is cathing my eye is the METZELER KARROO STREET . If anything like the Tourance then the rear could give 15 thousand ks . but I am concerned that the marble feeling will return when fitting the front .
My question Is this , Have you experienced the loose front feeling when on a dirt road with a more road biased tyre , have you used the KARROO STREET and what are the like ?
As a road tyre I thing they well be awesome , not sure about them in dirt .
Lastly , what is a good match for the Motoz front , seeing no rear stock . looked at the HEINENOW , has a solid center block and I thing on the 1190 it can spin on wet tar , had this with the Paver . not my cup of tea.