• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold 1980 Honda CB 650 Z Cafe Racer - For Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xchallenge

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Zero (all models)
Advertising this on behalf of my mate, Dane, otherwise known as @Noobie but he hasn't been active on this forum for quite some time.

Some of you may remember his epic build thread from a few years ago, which I will paste below.
The time has come for him to sadly clear out his garage, and make way for some home renovations. He asked me to help him advertise his bikes for him

https://wilddog.net.za/threads/1980-cb650-cafe-racer-build.138320/
Hiis 1980 Honda CB 650 Z Cafe Racer is up for sale for R40 000.
He has poured many hours of blood, sweat and tears into this build.

Blood: Like literally almost bled out from an angle grinder incident in his garage.
Sweat: When you spend your whole weekend in the garage, and there's poor ventilation, you tend to get funky smells from your arm pits.
Tears: Mainly from chopping onions, but also from having to come to grips with selling this beauty.

The bike comes with an excellent (expensive) lithium battery and charger, its only done 600km since the rebuild, has an epoxy lined petrol tank.
Custom made leather seat, and many other fine details you can see in person when you go view it.

Dane is a perfectionist, and I recall him sending away all the parts for sandblasting / bead blasting, having tanks resprayed, and getting all sorts of bits and bobs replaced.

Below are just a few photos, the first one being what it looked like before the rebuild, and the rest taken recently after a quick wash down and spray.

All eNatis Paperwork is in order and bike is licensed on the road and up to date.

Anyone interested, please drop me a PM and I'll send you his contact details.
The bike is based in Broadacres, Fourways, JHB.

Transport can be arranged almost anywhere in the country at your expense using SA Bike Transport who handle your bikes really well, and last time I checked charged about R3000 from JHB to Cape Town.

Support this man, he has a lot to get done.
Happy Wife. Happy Life!

PS: His other bike is also for sale, but is in pieces due to it being a project bike that never quite happened.
https://wilddog.net.za/threads/1981-honda-gl-500-silverwing-for-sale-project-bike.271288/
If you take both the CB650 + the GL500 he can do a R45 000 Combo Price

Last edited: