• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale 2006 BMW F650GS Dakar 2-Spark - R40k

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
I'm selling this bike on behalf of a friend not on this forum.

She bought this bike in 2021 as a "starter/learning" bike and now decided that it is time to upgrade to a 1250GS.

Please read the below add carefully and take note of the recent work that was done to the bike. This is not the reason for her selling the bike. I can vouch for this bike and the place that did the repairs on the bike.

67 000km on the clock

From the Factory

- ABS
- Heated Grips

Extras:
- BMW Top Box -- Will add photos when she brings it to me
- BMW Tank Bag (strap needs to be fixed) -- Will add photos when she brings it to me
- Wide rider foot pegs
- Orange headlight protector
- Airflow seat cover, seat still in good condition.
- Tank protector
- Tyre Pressure monitors

Recently Done:
New left hand combination switch
New Mitas E-07 rear tyre
Chain and sprockets replaced within the last 3000km.
Brake pads still good
Front tyre still about 50% thread left

Honesty Section:
This bike is no Mona Lisa, it was used for its intended purpose – To go on adventures. There are some battle scars, faded stickers, a fixed indicator lens, a small smiley on the front wheel, small crack on the screen and the notorious battery acid marks on the engine cover. All evidence that this bike was used as intended. We all know these Rotax engines are more bullet proof than Chuck Norris when looked after. Let the photos do the talking.

Recently the radiator had a small leak that caused the engine to overheat. It was noticed in time and there was limited damage to the engine. The bike was well looked after by an accredited BWM mechanic at the Motobike Shed in Brackenfell where the top gasket was replaced, the barrel was honed and new piston rings were fitted as a preventative measure followed by a service. Now she is purring like a very happy kitten again, ready for the next adventure.

All papers are in order and invoices of work done since ownership can be provided. All services/work since ownership was done by JK Works and The Motobike Shed, both accredited BMW qualified mechanics.
Unfortunately there is no service history. A roadworthy certificate will be issued once a serious buyer commits to the sale.

PRICE: R40 000

Bike can be viewed in Bonnie Brae Kraaifontein

If interested please contact me on 082 321 3622 - Carel

1.jpeg

2.jpeg
3.jpeg
4.jpeg

5a.jpeg
6.jpeg
7.jpeg

8.jpeg
9.jpeg