• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold 2006 Kawasaki KLE500

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickza

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLE 500
2006 Kawasaki KLE500 with 67k km on it.

I bought it with 20 odd k on it many years ago.

What you get:

1.) Zeta handguards
2.) Zeta bar raisers
3.) Renthal fat bars
4.) shorty clutch and brake levers
5.) braided brake lines front + rear
6.) new front disk
7.) new front tyre, Karoo 3
8.) nithrone seat
9.) FMF Titanium exhaust
10.) fastway foot pegs
11.) orange headlight guard/cover
12.) crash bars
13.) LED indicators all round
14. ) rear Mitas E09 I believe still good
15.) recently did chain and sprockets

I service it every year as I barely do 5k km a year these days, doesn't use a drop off oil. I checked valve clearances before the trip, all within spec still. Recently did a trip up to Nieuwoudtville on as much dirt as we could :)

The need to know:

Front brake groans when stopping hard, could never solve it. According to the parts catalogue they recommend the sintered pads and I blame them but I'd rather have better braking than care about noise. There is a different ignition key to the side cover and helmet lock. Original ignition started getting a bit iffy so I found a replacement secondhand one and swopped it out and swopped out the fuel cap at the same time. Have both original ones if anyone wants to get a locksmith to swop it all back to the original key, I could never be bothered.

It's licensed and on my name. PM me if you want to have a look, I'm emigrating so it needs to go :(

R30k, not many of these pop up so hard to judge a second hand value and most that do are 100% stock.

Last edited: