2010 Wartrail Rallye Raid... All Brands!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EATMYKTM.

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
This years Rallye Raid organised by Mike Glover and his crew at Red Cherry is going to be held in the area of Wartrail, near Barkly East. The event has been given the tag line 'All Brands, No Flakes!' which has generated a lot of interest (and pissed a couple of people off too >:D), so all Road legal dual sport bikes are welcome, not just KTM's as in the past.
The dates are 24- 27 April 2010 and participants will be capped at 300 riders. I was chatting to Mike this morning and he says that they are about 70% booked up, which prompted me to write this post. If you havn't entered yet, get your ass into gear and visit www.rallyeraid.co.za  to book your tent.
Roof of Africa Rider Chris Isted has been helping Mike with route design, so for those of you with XR650's, XT660's, BMW 450's and X-Challenges, you have the opportunity to be tested thoroughly by route 1, while Route 2 will be a challenging but non bike breaking assault on the surrounds. There your weapons of choice range from F800's, 950/990's, 1200GS, Transalps and Tenere's if you aren't on route 1 :thumleft:! Route 3 will be a scenic ride through the breathtaking areas that we will call home for the 3 days that is Rallye Raid. The option to change routes mid meekend is always available for you, so if you are a bit bored or exhausted, you can go either way. :dousing:
I have attended all of the RR's since inception in 2007 and all I can say is that if you enjoy riding Adventure bikes with your mates, meeting new like minded people and letting go for a couple of days in the mountains, please don't miss this opportunity! With only 7 weeks to go, time is fleeting...
I'm looking forward to seeing you there.
Cheers Andrew