2010 Yamaha Super Tenere 1200 problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Hi Guys

New here, not sure if I am posting in correct section here? I need advice please..

My super tenere has 100 000km on the odometer. It has sluggish performance in low rpm range and also misfires at low rpm, high rpm don't notice, but fuel economy not good.

I have replaced plugs already and checked ignition coils and the coils primary and secondary resistance is within spec. I have noticed that plug 3 and plug 4 slightly wet with oil around the thread, replaced it and problem still the same.

Bike was fine until I hosed it down one day and also rode it in heavy rain, only to find out afterwards that it has a bad design with coils being exposed to water and not being waterproof. Bike
then started misfiring and I replaced plugs, all was fine for a while, but then started with misfire again.

I heard it could be valve clearance issue with tight inlet or exhaust valves, but i am pretty sure the bike went for clearance just before I bought it. Or perhaps look at the coil pack? or Crank position sensor?

Any suggestions here? Or a reliable mechanic in Western Cape? Nervous taking the bike to Yamaha themselves.

Thanks

Regards