• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2012 990R for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackol.

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
My most beloved 990R is for sale.  I have recently purchased a 1090R and one of these bikes will have to go.  I still cant decide which one should stay which one should go... You will probably see the 1090 advert soon...

This bike has been my pride and joy! It has been serviced every 7500km I bought the bike from J3thro 2 years ago.  Everything is on this bike.  This is a complete full house name it and it is on this bike.  It is very well sorted and it havent given me one day of problems.  It did cost me a few tyres, which is expected from these tyre eaters.

This is the latest 2012 model with 42000km on it. Price is R105000  The list with all the extras below:

Rottweiler air filter system + pre filter (original parts included) (KTM Twins)
Mapping done by Julian once the Rottweiler system was fitted to try and smoothe the throttle out + improve feul consumption. This 990 is fast!
Under seat cubby hole (KTM Twins)
Compressor that fits in under seat.
Scott steering Damper
SSR screw on feul caps (original parts included) (KTM Twins)
Shorty adjustable brake and clutch levers (original parts included)
Older model 690 SM mirrors (original parts included)
Bigger aluminium belly pan (original parts included)
Original screen with a cracked Carbon fibre screen
Oberon black anodized slave cylinder
Big luggage plate
Wolfman luggage rack. (Bags not included)
SW Motech crash bars
Side stand cut off bypass plug fitted (from KTM ,not home made solder job)
Side stand oversized foot print
Scorch oval cans (original parts included) (Bike is loud, as I like it)
Garmin Zumo 350 GPS
Touratech lockable GPS bracket for the Garmin Zumo 350
Note the later model of the 350 is now a Zumo 390, I believe,but I was told the bracket and charging point will work with both models. I have never had any problems with the unit that is included in the sale)
950 SE front mudguard (original white hugger included)
Black anodized footpegs.
Progressive front springs fitted.
Orange head light cover. It is not fitted but I do have it.
The seat was recently re-upholstered by the local upholsterer, a very good job is done by the guy.  Look like the leather couch in the living room.
Cycra hand guards

Honesty section:
The clock had died on me, I had it fixed and has been working properly ever since.
I loved riding technical stuff where the bike got a few scratches from a tip over here and there and going through the bushes.
The bike is in immaculate condition and is very well maintained.

I will post the pics below.

Call me on 07two 4 double0 double 621