2022 CRF 450 RX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knorvarkie

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1100L Africa Twin
So I have been on a forked road to write this thread or not, as most of the threads on here are adventure or dual-sport bikes orientated.

But here goes:

I recently bought myself a brand new CRF 450 RX.

Now here is where it gets interesting. I am one of those okes who believed to never buy a new offroad, as they get thrashed, crashed and bashed all the time. It just did not make sense to fork out that amount of moolas for a new plastic.

But I did, and what an amazing experience it is. 😅

Just to clarify the following; I am by no means a thoroughbred racer. I enjoy pushing my own limits, shitting myself every once in a while when things get out of hand, and making sure I get home in one piece. I have a normal job, normal responsibilities and normal expenses. So I cannot go out full blast and destroy myself or the bike every second weekend:ROFLMAO:

Now my past offroad experiences where on bikes like-KTM 200xcw, 250xcw, 300xcw, Yamaha WR 450F and 250F, Honda CRF 450R and my first bike ever, a CRF 230F. And I must honestly say, what a bike this RX came out to be!! Honda really has something special here.

Power delivery is customizable with the 3 engine modes, and all 3 you can feel a big difference between them. You can setup the mode depending on terrain or fun you want to have on the day. I have not yet played around with the traction control settings, as I feel it is an offroad and this should be off all the time.

Its lightweight, steers like a train on tracks and I feel the best part of this bike is the suspension. Stock it was a bit harsh, as I am not the biggest of blokes out there, but a couple of adjustments later and I'm flying across rock beds like there is no tomorrow. It soaks up any air time I can muster up enough courage to throw at it and eats a dry river bed for breakfast.

All in all, I am super chuffed with my purchase. And am looking forward to years and years of adrenaline filled adventure with this bike

Only gripe, and I know this will only be short term, is the amount of accessories currently available for this model. Given a couple of years from now, and more blokes buying into Honda's offroad range again, this too will improve.

My conclusion; give the big red H a go when considering your next offroad, it WILL put a smile on your face. And DAMMMMM, do they look good:cool:
PHOTO-2022-07-22-12-36-17.jpg

Attachments

• PHOTO-2022-07-22-12-36-17.jpg
    PHOTO-2022-07-22-12-36-17.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 0