30th Birthday Holiday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissM

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW G650 X-challenge
In December I have the joy of turning the grand old age of 30.  :eek7: In a bid to exit the 20s gracefully, and enter my 30s with a bang I have decided to organise a biking trip away for myself and The Boyfriend. Plus the Dommie needs a big trip to christen it!

The plan is a chilled 4 day ride to the Transkei from Cape Town, and then to base ourselves in the middle of nowhere for a week and explore. (Yes there is a petrol station near by!) Finally a 4/5 day ride back to Cape Town which The Boyfriend wants to do through the Karoo.

https://www.bulungula.com/ - place we are staying

So. Have any Dogs got some tips for routes, places to go and see etc? Neither of us have been to the Transkei so definitely need some ideas, and trying to figure out the route home. Should we make a little detour into Lesotho? Or should we head to the Karoo National Park and spend a couple of days there?

The fun to this is that I am a total newbie rider and now have just over 3 months to get it together and Harden the Fuck Up. This means lots of weekend trips and day rides. Queue an excited Boyfriend.

For the first time I am excited about turning 30.  :thumleft: