35 year old female driving a bright yellow AudiR8 in Blue Downs.. yoh!

Wild Dog Adventure Riding

Help Support Wild Dog Adventure Riding:

Fuzzy Muzzy

Bachelor Dog
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
I feel uncomfortable driving my kak work bakkie in Blue Downs, I avoid it at all costs.

These kinds of kidnappings are on the rise.. the Rolex gangs stopped people wearing expensive watches. I wonder if luxury car sales will be impacted by this trend.

firecoast

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Now I ask you, all those guys could have helped her. They were right there!!!!!

I hope she is ok. I wonder what they are after seeing as they didn't take the car.

Spectaitor

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
The guys that kidnapped her knew her.
Conjecture on my behalf but I am 100% certain that wasn't a random occurrence at all. To leave the car at the same time? Nah...

Tampan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Quite obvious that they've watched her and that it must have been her daily drive, or at least on some sort of regular pattern.

The white vehicle that passed first, before turning around and coming back to head her off, knew she was going to turn into that street, while she was still on the main road.

Fuzzy Muzzy

Bachelor Dog
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
Now I ask you, all those guys could have helped her. They were right there!!!!!

I hope she is ok. I wonder what they are after seeing as they didn't take the car.

Run to help her and get shot dead.. Maybe if someone had a gun they could have tried to protect her by shooting at them, but to just run to help is not a good idea in that situation. Men are not that eager to help anymore.

I remember once a lady got her handbag snatched, I saw it happen.. chased after the guy in my car, he was on foot running. So I did as you say, I got involved and I ran over the guy, he bounced off my bonnet, smashed my windscreen and dented my roof. He dropped the bag and ran off ( how I dont know, I thought I broke his legs ) when I returned the bag the woman said thanks and went on her way. I got dumped with a R5k bill to fix my car. Next time I see it happen I'll think twice

Taking that car would have been like taking a target on your back, no doubt its for ransom.

firecoast

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Fair enough Muz. I didn't see any weapons, but yes, you are right... the probability of them being armed are likely.

firecoast

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
The woman is apparently Eastern European and the wife of the business owner where she was pulling into.

RobC

Not a bachelor.
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Run to help her and get shot dead.. Maybe if someone had a gun they could have tried to protect her by shooting at them, but to just run to help is not a good idea in that situation. Anyway, with every feminist spewing about toxic masculinity and equality, men are not that eager to help anymore.

I remember once a lady got her handbag snatched, I saw it happen.. chased after the guy in my car, he was on foot running. So I did as you say, I got involved and I ran over the guy, he bounced off my bonnet, smashed my windscreen and dented my roof. He dropped the bag and ran off ( how I dont know, I thought I broke his legs ) when I returned the bag the woman said thanks and went on her way. I got dumped with a R5k bill to fix my car. Next time I see it happen I'll think twice

Taking that car would have been like taking a target on your back, no doubt its for ransom.
Something similar happened to a bloke I know... he chased the perp on foot, brought him and the bag back to the woman, she started ranting how he had been too rough with the perp... so he let go of the perp, handed him the bag and said... "laat waai!".

IceCreamMan

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Blimey.

lets wait n see what the back story is but if this is a kidnap for ransom money then Cape Town is getting a reputation for this.

Fuzzy Muzzy

Bachelor Dog
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
Blimey.

lets wait n see what the back story is but if this is a kidnap for ransom money then Cape Town is getting a reputation for this.

I think kidnappings is a global issue at the moment, even in London there were something like 7000 kidnappings in the 2021/2022 reports with some reports of some gangs kidnapping one person a day .. every major city is getting a reputation for kidnappings.

Pyscho Porra

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR-Z 400
Apparently a Ukrainian wife of a businessman that has a business in the area

Dux

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
Perhaps the moral of the story is not to drive around in fancy cars , that already makes one a target .

cocky

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I think kidnappings is a global issue at the moment, even in London there were something like 7000 kidnappings in the 2021/2022 reports with some reports of some gangs kidnapping one person a day .. every major city is getting a reputation for kidnappings.
In SA it's a huge issue and apparently way more prevalent than we know. Yusaf Abramjee quoted some scary stats on the numbers and only a fraction get reported, families rather pay the ransom's/ bribes than go to the SAPS cause in most cases there are SAPS senior members involved.
These apparent kidnappers are well armed, with SAPS weapons and SANDF weapons, but have no "training" or experience, rumour is that a lot of these perps are part of the taxi "security" mafia, same club as construction mafia.

frankmac

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Singer (all models)
Way less dangerous than CIT heists and probably more lucrative.
I reckon some of the heist gangs are switching over.
Originated in Moz targeting Muslim business owners and came here. Probably a few Pakis and Banglas also involved.

Tampan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Indeed.
Family of mine were held up in their home in Pretoria, many years back, and it went like this;

The intruders, six in total, were all armed with R5's and they wore uniforms - I can't recall the exact colour or origin of the uniforms. It was evident that they were highly trained and they executed the robbery with absolute precision.
They knew exactly at what time the house alarm was switched of, early morning, and as soon as that happened, they entered.

They knew the layout of the home, precisely, in which rooms all of the family members, as well as the domestic worker, slept. All of the house occupants were confronted in their rooms, as they woke up and were held at gunpoint.

The request was straight forward and very simple:
"Sir, your Porsche is out on a contract and we're coming to collect it. Please hand over the keys of your Porsche, and those of your wife's Mercedes, and we guarantee that nobody will be harmed."

He complied, after which they were all locked inside the home's walk-in safe and the gang drove away with the two vehicles, without taking anything else, except all cellphones.
He waited for 15 minutes, to make sure that it was safe, before calling the police on a cellphone which was kept in the safe for emergencies.

The Merc was found near Graskop, probably on its way to Mozambique. In their attempts to find the tracker, the inside of the vehicle was completely gutted and IIRC, it was written off, as a result.

Now for the interesting part:
The Porsche's track was visible from the home to either Waterkloof or Swartkop Air Base, (I can't recall) where it disappeared.
A few weeks later, the Porsche was found in Luanda, Angola.
The conclusion was that ex-soldiers/police, with connections very high up, carried out the operation. The vehicle was driven into the air base and it was flown out to Angola by a military cargo plane.

roxenz

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Business contact of mine had to fork out $12 million to get his elderly mom back. Happened in Maputo. Kidnappers even sent him a copy of his business bank statement as proof that he had the money.
They moved to Durban, even though their businesses are in Moz. Now Durban is the hotspot for kidnappings in SA...