6400km 50/50 Africa Trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DREWMARX

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650R
Hi Guys,

Currently myself and Shanks are planning this ride together, but anyone who is up for some adventure is welcome to join us. We plan to leave Arusha on the 1st of December 2013 then travel south into Zambia, West into Namibia through the Caprivi strip, further west to Etosha, then all the way south to Richtersveld National park via Swakop and Windhoek, before making a B-line for Pretoria.

It is kind of a "wing-it" trip with a rough route planned but not set in stone, with a few must see sights on the way. I reckon we need about 20 days max for the trip to be able to enjoy it thoroughly. Accommodation will be a mixture of backpackers, camping and affordable hotels/lodges, again all depending on the distance travelled each day, if necessary just camp next to the road somewhere.

More details will follow regarding the planning. However, as mentioned if you are interested in the trip, please let me know and if there are enough guys we can organize some transport for the bikes to Arusha prior to the start of the trip.

Kind Regards

Andrew