690 Adventure R Plastics needed (LC4)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyM

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Adventure R
Doe anyone have the radiator shrouds and the black fairing pieces that goes with it lying around?
I also need a KTM headlight assembly.

I have looked at Acerbic and Polysport, it seems they both steered clear of the 690 Adventure of any vintage.

If all else fails I will have to order from the dealers...............

Story goes:
I bought a 2010 Adventure R recently from the window of a Covid casualty. (friend so in kind of know the history of the bike)
Mechanically the bike is sound.
The bike is currently fitted with the Italian Diadora Rally Replica longrange tanks and fairing.
It turns out the the guy had bought a few farms with the bike causing slow leaks on the fibreglass tanks.
He never had it fixed.
This caused the rubber mountings supporting the bottom of the tanks to brittle up. The result, both the tanks are floating at the bottom and hanging from the top two mounts (one has already been welded) The top mounting bracket's can not take the weight of the empty tanks let alone when it has been filled.

I am looking to take the bike back to standard as I will probably never use it for touring (the 1290 will never forgive me).
As it is an older bike already I don't want to over capitalise on it either (not that I am planning to sell it)

Any help will be appreciated.