990/950 Adv. Mirror Bracket Relocation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Blip It!

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Did a little mod to both my bikes today which could potentially save me thousands of rands!

As many of us have found out the hard way, the mirrors on these bikes are mounted onto the clutch master cylinder on the left and onto the front brake master cylinder on the right, and when you have an "off" or a drop, your mirror breaks of at the master cylinder which then has to be replaced at a cost of around R5000 per side! ::)

This is the standard mirror mount on the left, you will see that it normally breaks off at the pin lugs as indicated by the red arrows as this is the weakest point.
SAM_1000.jpg

This is the standard mirror mount on the right, you will see that it normally breaks off between the mirror mounting and the brake master cylinder as indicated by the red arrow as this is the weakest point. If you are unlucky it sometimes breaks off on the master cylinder leaving you with a hole and no front brakes!
SAM_1001.jpg

The remedy to avoid this happening is simple! Relocate the mirrors off the master cylinders.

For this you will need to buy the following;

Complete mirror relocation bracket for the LHS, made by DRC Hardware and available at most bike shops for R180, I bought this one at Ultimate Performance in Centurion.
SAM_1004.jpg

Replacement mirror cup bracket for the RHS made by Brembo available from any KTM dealer as I believe this part is for a KTM Super Duke. The price is quite steep at R265!  :eek:
SAM_1005.jpg

SAM_1006.jpg

To fit the LHS bracket, simply bolt it onto the handlebars next to the original mirror bracket, unscrew the mirror and screw tightly into the new bracket.
SAM_1009.jpg

Finished result!

SAM_1013.jpg

For the RHS, remove the original cup bracket of the front brake master cylinder off the handlebars as indicated by the red arrow.

SAM_1007.jpg

Replace this cup bracket with the Brembo part.
SAM_1008.jpg

Remove the mirror from it's original fitting and screw it into the cup bracket.
SAM_1012.jpg

Stand back and admire your handy work! Now at least you will not be lashing out mega bucks for new master cylinders after a little fall or drop!