990 Adventure Stripped for parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamanya

Andrew to most
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I flew over to Scotland to, amongst other things, help my Bother in Law Jim strip his beloved bike. @bungycool

It has 34k miles on it. For many frustrating months where he had issues that a dealer couldn't sort, it was eventually found to have water in the tanks. Then.... family stuff. It has sat in a shed for 7 years and got Jim much flak from my sister. I finally convinced him that it would be better to part it out and buy another one.

It took us a few hours and a bit of scrubbing but he now has a complete bike … in parts. (and some brand new spares) If you want something and are prepared to courier it to yourself or go get it yourself, give him a shout. His pricing is will be based on average eBay prices and he will be trying to sell the parts over on UK forums. He’s on a little family holiday for a few weeks in a campervan in Europe so don’t expect too quick a reply just yet. If you’re really keen, PM me.

For something that sat so long in Scotland, there is remarkably little corrosion. So get hold of him if something strikes your fancy.

It was a complete bike, so you may be wanting something obscure that’s not in here, but he’ll have it if he’s not sold it. These are a small selection of what he has…

The spokes are shot but the rims and hubs are still very good (new spokes in packet still)

Still in packing

The preload is seized but a suspension guy would be able to sort that out

Engine never opened except cam covers for services

I charged him a front exhaust for the fun and got it back in my baggage... which they lost. It took 6 days before I was reunited with it, thankfully!

Last edited: