990 S ( cooling Questions)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackD

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Hy Guys,

I have 80000ks' on my 990 without any faults, oil changed every 5000, valves done every 25000 and nothing else done as of yet. The bike still is great and as good as the day it left the shop. I also do all the work my self on the bike clearances oils, filters, shock oil changes etc.... so I do know the bike quite well but have never done the radiator or waterpump.

I have noticed in the last week if i am in bad traffic or in a technical area (sand) and work the bike more the temperature bars rise up to the top and the red light comes on, once I am on a straight road and ride normal it drops back to four bars. The fan never comes on and when it was flashing I had no steam and when I screwed off the black filler cap not heat or steam or water missing. Engine oil still good so no leaking waterpump.

So it gives signs of overheating but no visual signs other than the bars on the panel. But the fan never comes on????

Should I have the waterpump done? where could a fault be, Is it sensor or electrical fault.

Andrew Stone or other cleaver Dogs help please!!!!!!!!! Andrew when we wher in the Sand at Atlantis a year and a bit ago never did this and it was worked harder.

Latest posts