A weekend in Sabie.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pandaattack1

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
Since my riding mate (@Wacko_ZA) and myself both find ourselves on 'touring' bikes, we decided to FINALLY do a Sabie trip.

We left Pretoria at around 05:30 on Saturday morning and started making our way to Graskop. Manne, dit was baie koud. The host at Biker's Rest promised a very mellow dirt road to the guest farm, and we ended up spending close to an hour covering the '10minutes to destination'. We took a wrong turn twice and I got stung by a bee. It was the most fun I've had on my Multistrada v4 since I bought it. We spent the rest of the afternoon exploring some more dirt roads, which took us to the 'real' God's Window. What a beautiful place. It took half a bottle of spiced gold and 3 extra blankets to get me asleep.

The next morning we were out by 8:00 and proceeded to tackle 'Caspers Nek' pass. An awesome dirt road with one or two tricky climbs for the uninitiated. We had breakfast at the infamous 'Tiesers' on the way to Ohrigstad. Then Ladenberg, Dullstroom and home.

We had an amazing time, and definitely plan on going back. Can't wait to get some crash protection and spokies to tackle some more dirtroads.

MPofErb.jpg

7n2wa1W.jpg

g9rBurR.jpg

ZzT1K1o.jpg

nk5aZ7R.jpg

4zxUccH.jpg

Yx1P67l.jpg

zjy7iQO.jpg

YHZjXgf.jpg

Last edited: