Adventure bike riders bitch with the white bread under arm..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacoM

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Bestaan die uitdrukking van kla met wit brood onder arm ooit in Ingels?? Verskoon my indien nie..het skool gegaan in die Boland waar ons Juffrou in Engelse klas net afrikaans gepraat het met ons..

WD's regularly "debate" the boxer engine, GS bikes and riders, KTM  and Ducati reliability, what is more or less offroad biased and some other brand bashing as well.
All this while we ride the pinnacle of the motorcycle market segment.
In my view and supported by recent experience, any, actually all,  DS bikes are  far better and more usable than any other design.
So be happy and accept the brand what you ride and what your friends and "not so much friends" ride as Adventure bike.

Spare a thought for the crowd that ride cruiser style bikes!  ::)
I had a Honda 1100 Shadow in the garage for a month or two.. what a shitty style of bike!
Any turn becomes a real battle to keep the bike upright due to that long rank angle and funny shaped handle bar.
It is impossible to park and man handle it in any position other than a straight line. It is just too heavy and "long"
It makes a hell of a noise with very little performance
I was on an American FB group for a while to learn and source parts for the Honda, and I witnessed some of the "least informed riders" on the planet . (Wou se domste, maar dit is nie polities korrek..) Many people in USA buy these cruisers as a first bike and daily there were accidents reported on this group..really silly accidents that I think can be contributed to the lack of handling of these styled bikes.
Taking it for a quick ride to the shop is a real mission..You attempt it maybe twice and then just let it stand next time! ;D
Did I mention that inspite if the low centre of gravity it is and feels extremely heavy?
So, any (actually all )of the Adventure style bikes are just light years ahead of "the rest"  ;)
Enjoy your ride and let your fellow Adventure rider enjoy his..