Adventure Ride October 2021 -Nelspruit, RSA🇿🇦 to -Ngwenya Pools, Mozambique

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budmeister

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
Adventure Ride October 2021
-Nelspruit, RSA🇿🇦
to
-Ngwenya Pools, Mozambique 🇲🇿
-Six riders, one 4X4 Toyota Hilux w driver and trailer

-Objectives:
1. Visit a closed-to-the-public part of Parque Nacional de Limpopo,
2. Catch Tiger Fish

Day00. Buy provisions, road insurance and do the mandatory Covid test, all in Nelspruit...Six of us pass, one fails.
Tough Boet, you can't come. Five to go. Plus driver.

Participants and portfolios:
Craig -liaison, planning and vital contacts. Came up w the idea of the Ride with Mark. A newbie to adv-riding
Mark -skill sets: spanners and babes. Unerring sense of direction. Except once, badly, embarrassingly so. Also -Enforcer but that's never been needed. But if push comes to shove then...
Greg -foodie, provider, preparer and critic. Bearer of the Flask.
Myself -some navigation but more border-shepherd and road blocks. I'm madala so negotiating the stoppages with officials is somehow easier once my helmet is off. And cheaper. Africa, you know.
Archie -backup driver and sterling resourcer when shit gets real. Also treasurer, Keeper of the Purse. Doesn't do adv-riding since a big head-on that left him w lots of internal hardware that shows up in airport sensors. Archie always gets searched.
Who's left? Ah, Lowrange -no real portfolio but very skilled at causing kak. More than skilled in that and all kinds of. Raconteur.

Our steeds: two 640s, my venerable XR400, a present-day Africa Twin and a kitted F800GS. Worried about the last two in the thick sand. Backup was Mark's fully kitted (some would say blinged) 4X4 Toyota pickup with a rooftop and three-bike off-road trailer.

Backup? Yeah, true, some of us are getting limp.