Adventure screens.... I want constructive opinions..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heddles

Race Dog
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
The first Adventure I rode, was the one I bought in JHB and Sharingroads rode to Cape Town.. Prior to that, I was never a KTM fan and didn't know much about them.

I bought my SE almost two years ago. It came with a little screen. I am old school and I have never been fussed by wind protection. I had never owned a bike with any form of it. Everything was "naked."
So I rode it and loved it... Sold!! I am a KTM nut. Learning as I go and just having fun. To me, I am happy with whatever wind protection it has. My ride on the Adv was good.. but I was horrified by the buffeting around behind that screen.. Kept opening the visor on my helmet, Blurring my vision, noisy.. Just plain KAK!!!

I rode an old 1200 GS a few years ago and remember it being unbelievable.. Still an awesome setup in my opinion.. I rode a newer one a little while ago and still marveled at what they have achieved...

I have spoken to Adventure owners and Gurus about this and asked their opinion. The answers vary but in general, I am getting feedback that the original screen is the best..

Here is a pic, of what I am used to, next to a bike that was the first of it's type that I have ridden.. You will notice that the Adv has an aftermarket screen...

Attachments

• 1383460_10152005320765180_1318690344_n.jpg
    1383460_10152005320765180_1318690344_n.jpg
    133.7 KB