ADVICE NEEDED: daPEEG is back with "High-Heels" On !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewse

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
Hi guys,

I collected daPEEG from Bavarian Motorcycles yesterday after waiting for 4 months for accident damage to be repaired.

I can't understand it - I doubt very much that they did a test ride after repairing the front forks. When I got it back, the handle-bars are skew while riding, the ABS does not work, the left indicators no longer work and the hooter switch is suspect.

I can understand that what was not damaged in the accident was not looked at - but surely someone would have ridden the bike to check out aspects such as this before handing it over to their Customer? :xxbah:

I'm taking it back on Monday for them to sort out the handle-bar alignment(a BASIC thing to do & check) as well as the ABS problem, as these were a direct result of the parts worked on from the accident.

So today I'm going to fit the brand new carrier bracket I got from Welsh/Motorworks.co.uk  ;D

The bike seems fine with the 2nd-hand tele-lever on.
PROBLEM:
The wait in the delay for the new Tele-Lever was as a result of there being no parts available world-wide and BMW was waiting for new ones to be manufactured. I no longer want to the new Tele-Lever (MORE THAN R6,000 new). BMW tells me I can't cancel now because it has already been ordered/invoiced. Surely invoicing can be reversed?  
QUESTION:
Am I within my rights to cancel the "verbal order" and not pay for this?

Surely it's just a paper transaction between the local dealer and BMW Germany?  I mean,  there's no indication yet as to when it is going to be shipped from Germany - (I've asked the local dealer for a time-frame as to when I can expect the part and I am told different things: "The parts have not yet been manufactured yet";  "The parts have now been made but not sure when they are shipping."
After telling them two weeks ago, I told them yesterday(again) that I no longer want the new R6,000 kit  - they say I can't cancel.

Advice: WHAT's THE REAL STORY? Am I within my rights to refuse payment?

daPEEG with High-Heels in front:
dapeegbackfromaccident2.jpg