Advise Pls, GRAVEL ONLY Kwazulu Natal - 5/6 Days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 600 Z
Evening Guys.

This Thread refers................https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=254910.msg4583121#msg4583121

The Trip is happening ASAP, and after a lot of this and that I have decided to get on the XT and head in an easterly direction (Natal). WC or NC is just too far and too little "me time" then, and I don't NOT wat to overplan things.

My general Direction on Day One would be Bethlehem - Clarens - Kestell - Harrismith , and I'll stay over (most prolly camping) in the vicinity of Hlalanathi/Mahai/Imyasuthi - somewhere there.

Its not far, I'd say around 200 - 230 km or so, and its ONLY gravel, that's the most important thing.

OK...........this is where your Advise would be MUCH appreciated:

From there on, what are NICE gravel routes?? I'm thinking south to Giants Castle/further down to Himeville general area for Day 2??

From there, maybe head east to Nottingham Road/Howick area?? (Day 3)

Day 5 head in the general direction of Ladysmith camp in that general area

Day 6, I'd like to do ONLY GRAVEL in the Van Reenens Pass etc etc area, and then head home, I guess Harrismith - Afrikaskop - Bethehem would be great, these are roads that I have NEVER travelled and they're right on my doorstep.

So, Guys, PLEASE ADVISE what you would have done, starting in Bethlehem and doing a "loop" in a eastern, then northern direction before turning west back home??

1) Gravel ONLY, as far as possible
2) I'd love little coffee and farmstall type shops along the way
3) I'm VERY keen on making this a camping trip, so nice recommended camping spots along suggested routes would be highly appreciated
4) Riding an old XT, and I'm gonna take it super easy, I'm a intermediate, smoking, relaxed and lazy rider
5) Remote places are nice, but I'll be alone, and actually sort of worried about loneliness after a couple days, so seeing people some distance from me would be nice I think (sounds crazy I know)
6) Id like to visit campsites where I can get wood/food/drinks/etc etc each night, for that night - I don't have space for borde/messe/poedingbakkies/resepteboeke and all that

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!