ALTERNATE ROUTE INTO BAVIAANS? WHO WANTS TO TRY???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neoz

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Hi

Is this ride from J Bay to Baviaanskloof possible?
Is this a stupid idea or can it work?

If anybody is willing to try this ride I would sure like to give it a bash!
There are no guarantees that this ride can even be done due to the possability of obstacles like fences, locked gates or even that the road may have been washed away in a storm but it looks tempting and you wont know until you try. >:D

The ride can be reversed using Baviaans as the start point if preferred.
Before attempting the route an alternative ride in the surrounding area on roads more travelled can be planned just in case this one can not be completed, that way we will not go home empty handed if the route becomes impossible.

check out this great free route planner if you do not have it already:
www.Tyre.tk

I wanted to attach a KMZ format file to show the route through the mountains but it is an unsupported file format and I have no idea how to change the format to an accepted file format for this web page?
If there is any interest please email me and I can send you the KMZ file which opens directly in Google Earth or with the Tyre route planner.
When checking out the route you have to zoom in pretty close to see the road/track in the mountains.

Here are some pics of the route, I apologise if the files are a little large?
I look forward to some feedback!

Attachments

• 1 from Kareedouw.jpg
    1 from Kareedouw.jpg
    129.4 KB
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    126.5 KB
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    126.3 KB

Latest posts