An official hello...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtRebell

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hi all, I have been sneaking around on this site for a couple of months already. but, seeing that my 1st bike deal is now finally coming together I thought it appropriate to introduce myself.

I am from JHB and am flying to CT next week to take ownership of my (new) 1150GS ADV, buying it from Pieter Liebenberg.

I had to be very patient in getting the bike as it was dependant on selling my wife's car, (yes, she has been happily agreeable as this will save me money and time...). So, the car deal has finally gone through and i could finally finalise the bike.

Must say that having to be patient forced me to spend a lot of time on the WD site, which in turn helped me to gather a lot of info on which GS (not what bike..), I want.

There wasnt much hesitate that it woyuld be either an 1100 or 1150, and there has been quite a few good deals, esp in CT, untill the ADV's finally crossed my mind.

And no, I had not orriginally planned to fork out the money for one. Was more in the 1100 tag. But the thought of the ADV and all with it convinced me.

So, I will be collecting next Thursday and will go directly to Trac-Mac in Bellville to fit 2 new Anakee's. I have bought the last rear in stock already.

Still have to get some ATGATT, looking for a Hornet or X3, sommer planning to buy some at Track-Mac. Prices seem to be on par everywhere. If anyone can direct me somewhere, even good 2nd hand, I'd appreciate...

Then hit to rd back to JHB on Saturday, passing through R62 on way back. My b-in law will join me up to Oudshoorn on his Blade. (Will post the RR week after.)

This is it for now. I hope to spend more time on WD and eventually to meet up with other dogs for a weekend ride.

Until then,