Another African in the USA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EtienneNXR

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
After 29 years the time has come to leave, there's being an optimist, and then there's being a realist.

The apparent demise in our beautiful country is showing no signs of slowing down, in fact, it's parabolic at this stage, with every VAT bill or BEE certificate submission that we get whilst we sit with no electricity behind electric fencing, being an optimist becomes even harder.
We want to start a family, but cannot fathom our children going through what already happens, let alone what the next 20 years may hold. It's taken 10 years to pull off, but we've left South Africa to settle in America, in a small village in the mountains, a safe haven. No longer does my wife need to worry about what number to use for the neighborhood security, or be fearful of going for a run in the evenings.

A "normal" life beckons, there have been many immense sacrifices to make this happen, mostly the selfless nature of telling our parents that this is it, and we need to leave to make a better life,

I joined this forum when I was 15 years old, and have been privileged to meet some of the most nomadic, out of the box thinkers that I will ever meet, lads who have inspired me in life and helped shape my journey, made friends for life, countless life memories shared, to each and every one of you - thank you, and more-so thank you to the Wild Dog forum for all of this, it's truly a great sense of community and something I will miss dearly.

For now, we're out of here.

Attachments

• 91ec425c-b040-41fc-aa18-c60b1e7fc55f.jpg
    91ec425c-b040-41fc-aa18-c60b1e7fc55f.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 870