Another HP2 in ICU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mayhem

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
A few weeks ago someone phoned me and asked me if I knew anyone that could repair his frame on his BMW, I told him that I would come up to his place in Grabouw and have a look (any reason to take a ride up Sir Lowry's pass). Anyway when I got there I found a very badly beaten up eish pee standing in his shed. Trevor, the owner was hobbling around on crutches as a result of trying do go to fast through Katbakkies in the Cederburg at 140 and not making a corner and that was that.
I took a look and initially thought it would not be possible to repair this ones wounds. I left it at that.

Trevor then called me back last week and asked me to please take another look and that he had removed the frame and would bring it down to my place.
The problem as you will see in the pic's is that the frame is damaged on the top pipe where the 2 short bends are very close together and it will be very difficult to get a replacement pipe bent up.

Anyway I have removed the damaged pipes and am now trying to make up a replacement pipe.

Attachments

• Trevor HP2 frame 001.jpg
    Trevor HP2 frame 001.jpg
    290.7 KB
  • Trevor HP2 frame 002.jpg
    Trevor HP2 frame 002.jpg
    268.7 KB
  • Trevor HP2 frame 003.jpg
    Trevor HP2 frame 003.jpg
    286.7 KB
  • Trevor HP2 frame 004.jpg
    Trevor HP2 frame 004.jpg