Any concern with off the shelf internet tunes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsterza

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Hi all I recently bought a beautiful new to me smt 990 in immaculate condition. I love these motors but something that was a gripe for me from my ownership of a 990 adv and was still a gripe with the smt is the snatchy throttle. I love to tinker and there are numerous "improvements" that can aid in curing this. I ended up removing the secondary flies, balancing the throttle bodies and finally flashing a map to cater for it all, the map is a commonly used map for the mods done and was created at a similar altitude and climate as we have here in cape town on 95 gas in Australia.

I remember from my car days that there was a lot of talk of our fuel not being = to the comparative rating in other countries, I am not sure if this was just talk or true.

The changes in the map I loaded compared to the akra map that was on is essentially just fueling.

I have no reasons to suspect any harm with the map I have on and it really has "improved" the ride for me and is just what I want.

What are the opinions on using these "off the shelf" tunes from other countries?

1000085333.jpg

Last edited: