Anybody looking for a little project or quick $$$$

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caconcepts

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I brought a 2006 K1200GT as a non runner, changed the battery and she fired up, first time. The idea at the time was to take her apart, make her showroom condition and gift her to my dad.

The plan fell flat when I visited him recently and realized that he is not physically the man I remembered. The now 78 year old has become an old man and as much as I would love to see him cruise done the highway, alongside me, it would most probably kill him or seriously injure him.

The mighty oak is no more. His handshake is not bone crushing anymore. He nearly died about 3 years ago from a flesh eating bacteria and has in the last month received a pace maker and has had a triple bypass.

I now no longer have the inspiration or time (working 6 days a week) to complete this project. I have no need or space for it but maybe somebody else does.

All the panels have been redone in two stage pearl white, all the black panels have been refurbed, new battery, new metzellars have not done a single kilometer, seats have been redone, mirrors and pillion grab handles have been "carbon fibred", service has been done with BMW oil and filters, screen has been refurbed and buffed. Mileage is 89k, no spare key, no books etc. Licensed and on the road, all papers are in order.

Diagnostics show that the ABS pump is faulty and will have to be repaired, replaced or blanked off (Justin Motorradtech does this). Potentiometer is faulty and has to be replaced, second hand R500.

I am looking for R40k to cover costs. If you want to keep it and ride on Sundays, you are getting a superb bike for little money, If you want to put together and flip, I reckon you could make a few $$$$. You literally just have to put it back together.

Picture below is what I was thinking it would look like and some of the completed parts. I will try get some more over the weekend.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-11-20 at 08.35.48.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-11-20 at 08.35.48.jpeg
    285.3 KB · Views: 196
  • 61ce87f4-64ff-44de-aecc-2d3ead3696c2.jpg
    61ce87f4-64ff-44de-aecc-2d3ead3696c2.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 196