Anyone experience lack of rear brake pressure after overheating?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xchallenge

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Zero (all models)
Hi WD's

Attention all KTM 990 Adventure owners!
I have a 2012 model, which after 7500 service, had new brake pads fitted by RAD.

They replaced the original KTM pads with Sinter brake pads. I was quite shocked that these didn't even last 4000km, and at 11 500km, had to replace my brake pads again, but this time the Rear Brake Disc had to be replaced as well. (Apparently I am hard on the brakes)

Anyways, the problem I have been experiencing lately, is that when the bike gets hot, and I have been braking quite a lot, I suddenly experience a lack of  rear brake pressure, I can feel my foot depressing the brake lever but nothing happens.

Now I have been advised that is because the brake fluid gets hot, and that causes it, but surely this is not right, or safe?
Ive bled the brake fluid 3 times, check all the screws on the brake callipers, and everything is fine, no fluid leaking at all, nothing.

Anyone else experienced this?

Please help, as this only seems to happen when the brakes have been working hard, after the bike cools down, everything is fine again...

Could this have ANYTHING to do with the bikes Rear ABS module under the seat overheating?
I checked the brake lines, which go from the Master Brake Fluid Reservoir, and they seems to then go up to the ABS Module under the seat, and then down again, to the callipers. Should I have this ABS checked out, or will it make a difference if I have the ABS disconnected.

Please help. Thanks in advance.