Anyone perhaps going abroad that can possibly assist me?

Wild Dog Adventure Riding

Help Support Wild Dog Adventure Riding:

Tyre kicker

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
Good Day Ladies and Gents

I am in desperate need of a huge favour as I need a specific Kydex Holster which is not available in this Country and if ordered the shipping costs is more than triple the value of the item which only costs 57USD Dollars and secondly it might never arrive here anyway.

It is a very small parcel package in a sealed plastic bag that will fit in any hand luggage or handbag or main luggage.

If someone is going to the USA and returning to SA in the near Future or even visiting SA from the USA I would be forever grateful if you could assist me with this.
I would obviously pay for the item upfront.

It does not have to be tight now but I would like to have it by the new year.

Please Pm me if you can help me out.🙏🙏🙏

Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL650V Transalp
Good Day Ladies and Gents

I am in desperate need of a huge favour as I need a specific Kydex Holster which is not available in this Country and if ordered the shipping costs is more than triple the value of the item which only costs 57USD Dollars and secondly it might never arrive here anyway.

It is a very small parcel package in a sealed plastic bag that will fit in any hand luggage or handbag or main luggage.

If someone is going to the USA and returning to SA in the near Future or even visiting SA from the USA I would be forever grateful if you could assist me with this.
I would obviously pay for the item upfront.

It does not have to be tight now but I would like to have it by the new year.

Please Pm me if you can help me out.🙏🙏🙏
I am returning somewhere around mid Dec, think I am landing on the 15 OT Jhb.
Always love to help, the only rime I have turned someone down was with ‘importing folders’ since that has to go into check in luggage which is a hit and miss and I do not want to stand with a red face in-front of you and say sorry it’s gone.

However if it is a ‘holster’ as in a pistol holster I will not be able to help either as I am flagged by homeland-security and go through ‘let’s call it special security’
The flag is obviously because of my ops medical background in military operations in various countries of conflict.

El Zeffo

Plata O Plomo
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
However if it is a ‘holster’ as in a pistol holster I will not be able to help either as I am flagged by homeland-security and go through ‘let’s call it special security’
The flag is obviously because of my ops medical background in military operations in various countries of conflict.

Yeah it was not gonna go well. I love it when people ask you to transport gun parts through US customs. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I've had lots of requests over the years. Nope nope.

Tyre kicker

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
I am returning somewhere around mid Dec, think I am landing on the 15 OT Jhb.
Always love to help, the only rime I have turned someone down was with ‘importing folders’ since that has to go into check in luggage which is a hit and miss and I do not want to stand with a red face in-front of you and say sorry it’s gone.

Hi Tom
Thanks for being willing to assist me however I do understand and fully respect your concerns with it being a pistol holster.
Unfortunately I have established that this holster will not be shipped outside the borders of the USA by the manufacturer although being perfectly legal and available for purchase anywhere in the USA by anyone wanting to purchase it.
The supplier suggested that I ask someone going to or either returning from the USA to bring one back with them hence my request.
Thanks for replying to me.
Regards(y)

Tyre kicker

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
Yeah it was not gonna go well. I love it when people ask you to transport gun parts through US customs. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I've had lots of requests over the years. Nope nope.
For what it is worth bud this is a gun accessory not a gun part as you mention.:rolleyes:
Huge difference between the two so much so that an accessory does not require any permit whatsoever however most gun parts do.;)
The only reason I am asking for assistance is that I am not able to have it sent/shipped to SA as this company only supplies the US market otherwise I would have purchased it and had it shipped/couriered/sent to SA and then would have declared it to customs as per normal importation protocols just as any responsible person would do.

El Zeffo

Plata O Plomo
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
For what it is worth bud this is a gun accessory not a gun part as you mention.:rolleyes:
Huge difference between the two so much so that an accessory does not require any permit whatsoever however most gun parts do.;)

You don't have to insult my intelligence. I know what a gun holster is. I have a couple myself. However Homeland security will look for those kind of things to try and pull you into an interview room and its up to you then to explain to the border official why you are moving gun parts. Have your arrogant explanation with him and see how it goes. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

A friend of mine was pulled into an interview room for 4 hours because he had a pair of his wife's panties in his bag. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Missed his flight, had to rebook hotels, missed a day of work.

Roadhawg

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
I would 100% ask why I am being hassled for travelling with a completely benign piece of Kydex and plastic. TSA can get wrecked.

Tyre kicker

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
You don't have to insult my intelligence. I know what a gun holster is. I have a couple myself. However Homeland security will look for those kind of things to try and pull you into an interview room and its up to you then to explain to the border official why you are moving gun parts. Have your arrogant explanation with him and see how it goes. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

A friend of mine was pulled into an interview room for 4 hours because he had a pair of his wife's panties in his bag. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Missed his flight, had to rebook hotels, missed a day of work.
I was not being arrogant or insulting you I was merely pointing out the difference between a gun accessory and a gun part and as I said there is a huge difference between the two especially when it comes to the importation and exportation of them.
I would also be concerned if there was a pair of my wife's panties in my travel bag hence I could only imagine how the discussion went with the Homeland Security Official. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

2StrokeDan

Teelhond
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure

See why I look at the US as pathetic?

Their schools are getting shot up as they look for "gun parts' in the wrong places.

Reactions: ETS

Blou Zebu

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
@Tyre kicker I realise my suggestion might not be as cheap as someone carrying it for you. There is a service (and I cant remember their name) where you forward soemthing to a US address and these guys post it on to you. They often work with Amazon.

Have you looked for the holster on Amazon?

@macjohnw HEt jy n idee?

Vintage_Mania

1979 Honda CB400T
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score

Fill in the form with the links of the goods and any special instructions - they will send you a quote in a couple of hours, valid for 24 hours I think. Works 100%...

Mikie

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
WTF?? Why is that a flagged issue for them?? Maybe your friend likes them, why should that raise red flags?