• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale ARE YOUR BALLS BIG ENOUGH…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pannas

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DL 1000 V-Strom
… to tame this brutal fakken torque monster?

2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom.
117000kms – DO NOT let the kms put you off – it’s only a testament to the bike’s reliability and fact that it will smoothly run another trouble free 200K miles. (a fellow marshal’s old Suzuki is headed for 300K. Seriously)
This thing pulls like a freight train with 7 superchargers towing only one carriage filled with styrofoam.
It EFFORTLESSLY cruises at 150 without even trying. I don’t think I’ve ever taken the tacho over 6 clicks – is simply not necessary.
You wanna overtake a slow car in front of you? Careful, this thing will roll back your foreskin as it accelerates from 50 to 120 by the time you’ve passed miss Daisy.
You wanna school that Dominic Toretto wannabe in his zuuped up GTI on the laws of physics and things like power-to-weight ratio? This is your textbook.
Should you want to emulate MM93 and practice your MGP starts, this thing will lift its nose if you’re careless.
The sound from those TL pipes alone, is enough to make you throw away your little blue pills.

EXTENSIVE work and maintenance have been done since I’ve owned it:
New clutch basket + springs + bearings – the shudder is gone – that hydraulic clutch is now smooth as your wife’s ass was on honeymoon
New tyres
New wheel bearings
New fork seals + fork oil
New steering neck bearings
New brake pads + fluid
New battery
Underwent massive service – all filters, all fluids, plugs (had the wrong spark plugs in)
Wiring was re-done by Krog’s
Chan + sprockets are still good
You spend nothing – you get on and ride – trouble free

Crash bars
Spots – VERY fakken bright
Light covers
Tank bag
Top box
Acerbis hand guards (still to fit)

Now if you look at this photo and think to yourself, there’s a bunch of plastics missing, you’d be correct – there are a bunch of plastics not on the bike, like the chain guard and belly scoop – those are being re-blackened. I’ll take more photos when she’s clean + complete.
She is not a garage queen – her age shows – I am slowly restoring fading plastics, but is mechanically 100%
Scratches on the tank where the previous dumbass had the tank bag on – I don’t yet know how to deal with that…
Licensed until next year – I’ll do the roadworthy for you
I have no idea what this bike is worth – it’s insured for 62K… I reckon we shall start the bidding at 55 grand…

Why am I selling? I am a GS slut. There’s a lava orange 800GS nearby that gives me a chubby. SWAMBO said I must first sell the Strom before I even go look at the GS

1725954378051.png

Last edited: