ATGATT bargains

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volroom

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
Had to recently go buy riding gear for me and the wife. Had to look for bargains because of budget. I feel that buying a second hand gear  that is second hand and still in good condition is worth it (possibly not true for old used helmets) especially if it's gear that you would not normally be able to afford. Having to buy on a budget sometimes mean having to settle for a brand that is not very good. I'd rather buy second hand if it means that I can get gear that I would not have been able to afford brand new, yet it still has to be in relatively good condition of course. I thought that posting a few pics and prices and maybe telling of a bargain somewhere will help WD's out there to get an idea of what's available and to get proper kit. So please contribute. The photo shows from the left bottom:

Evolution touring jacket (ladies) with waterproof and winter liner with proper protective armor: R2000 (half price (old stock) at Linex Yamaha JHB)

BMW Comfortshell Jacket (Around R7k new, bought this from WD for R2250 - still in good condition and great jacket)

Above are the gloves. Got the blue pair for R300 (full throttle Discount clearance store - half price), the other is Oxford (winter gloves) almost a quarter of the price: R150

Top right: Tourmaster Air venture pants: R1300 (got from WD, almost new - retail for R2.7k at full throttle)

Top left: Tourmaster venture ladies pants: R1600 (new, got from Mosskays)

Top left: BMW allrounder boots (ladies): R1000 (got from WD, retailing above R2k. Still in good nic)

Top left and right: AMA neck braces...(R350 total(full throttle -edenvale..I know this is not leatt or omega or whatever is out there to save your neck in a fall, I reckon it is still better than nothing. The guys that race uses them. Might still break my neck in a serious crash, might save my neck in a not-so-serious crash. And I can turn my head easily while riding

TOTAL: R8 950. I know the helmets are missing, we had them. I also have a pair of boots. We also have kidney belts should we need them.
New and without special all would have set me back: R19 430

Point is that the gear is not that bad for the price (We might just have to live with the fact that some of it is second hand, but that OK)

If you have gotten a great bargain or know of one, tell us! ;D maybe you paid a ridiculous amount of money for your gear, would be nice to hear also. Comments on quality and value for money welcome.

Attachments

• IMG-20110724-00267.jpg
    IMG-20110724-00267.jpg
    89 KB