ATGATT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franky3

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Hi. I am doing some research on all the gear I need all the time as I am planning on buying a bike soon. I really want to do it right as I once got attacked by a car skipping a robot as if it was'nt there. I dont have the cash to buy top of the line pro gear but also do not want to by cheap because it defeats the purpose.

So my questions now is:
What products(brand names) is good value for money?
What should I get and what can I do without at first?

Just for extra info, I am thinking of buying a KLR 650 and will mostly be using it for commuting with the option to take it off-road and do some long distance riding.

As far as I know the following items is what I will be needing altogether.
Helmet
Neck brace
Jacket
Gloves
Pants
Knee guards
Boots

As far as my research has gone I have found that some people are purists when it comes to ATGATT and other are realist and then you get a few in between. I know the golden rule is spend as much as you can but in my case I have to budget how much all this is going to cost and then find I way to get it done.

What I want from the dogs(old and young) is Brand and type of atgatt that you would recommend in the middle class if I may put it that way.