Aussie wombat limps into South Africa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hi you guys,
I'm an old Aussie riding a R1200 gs adventurer from Chile to Alaska to Europe and got down as far as Cameroon before me and a truck did a roll over in the jungle. So far I have been going for 2.4 years, 40 countries and I love it.
I am now here in Paarl, cape Town and thank God for South Africa. You people are like us Aussie, kind, helpful and you know how to have a drink and a Barbie  ( braai) my African speaking is betting getter. I just want to say hello to all of you guys and I am hoping to repair the bike here and see South Africa before I go on up to Turkey.
I will write again soon to  find out if anyone knows where I can buy some second hand parts for my old Simpson, she is needing a few top front end parts, which site is best to write on asking this question, I'm bad at computers but good at wandering around countries.
From the little I have seen so far, this is going to be one hell of a scenic ride around your country, ride safe and let the wind be on your back and the sun on your face