Back from The BASH - Anti-clockwise around Lesotho...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewse

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
Hey Dawgs,

da Bash is lurking and I have some trip-planning to get done.

I'm planning to leave this year's bash(from Snow Valley) and circumnavigate Lesotho (hugging the berg) in an anti-clockwise direction via the Eastern Cape, Natal, Free State and then back up to Joburg. I've never been to the Eastern Cape area "close to the berg".  I'd like to do some dirt around the Natal Drakensberg area as well (I went to school on a farm near Loskop many years ago and would like to do a trip down memory lane, whilst taking in some cool dirt roads in the area if possible.) I have given myself from Monday morning till Thursday to do this;  4-days basically. I would love to do some scenic dirt(not too technical) at a slow pace, enough to take plenty pic's etc. 

Anyone got some hints as to how I should tackle this? Any suggestions as to where to stay - I'm planning on camping most nights but may pull into some luxury(guest house, etc.) depending on weather.

I would really appreciate some assistance from anyone who is either local to the areas I plan to pass through or someone who has done something similar.

P.S.  I ride a fairly heavy bike(BMW R1150 GSA) so would not like to tackle anything too technical suited to 'the plastics'

da PEEG