BASE LAYER ( MOISTURE WICKING)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Now I have been a jocks guy , vest has never been a option, but reading up on prepping for a cold winter ride , there is lots of mention about "base layers " and layering in general . Many have wicking options and surprisingly so for summer riding . I have seen video of rider getting dressed in mx kit wearing a base layer and the rest over that . Now we all know that in summer it can get hot and sweating in kit can feel like you are being parboiled .
Problem is adding a tight fitting top and maybe pant as base layer and then riding shirt and a jacket on top , could really have you well done , and on a hot day this can happen before you even get on the bike .
My question have you tried wearing a moisture wicking top for summer , think it could work? Recall rugby players with a base layer shirt on under his jersey . In my time playing school rugby it was just a heavy rugby jersey and that was that , sometimes the jersey was wet with sweat .
The tecj behind the moisture wicking is keeping you dry and comfortable , summer or winter , maybe worth checking out?