Big Bro, Lil Sis Europe trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adventurer

Gentleman Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
Greetings all, I've been away from WD for a long time, am now back.
I did a Europe trip in 2019 which featured in Ridefast Magazine, the link is below.
If it doesn't work, go to www.motomedia.co.za, Ridefast, February 2020 edition, pg 56 onwards.
The story is long, and quite a mission to post here, link is easier.

https://www.motomedia.co.za/ridefast-feb-2020/63234053
This ride opened my eyes to what is in Europe, I emigrated to Germany last year.
Riding around Europe is just so easy, the main issue SA passport holders have is your visa application must show proof of paid accommodation along your route, which is a pain in the ass to actually do. There are ways around this problem. We travelled everywhere with no accommodation booked, never had an issue finding places to stay. Myself and my sister, who was already living in Germany, hold German passports, so a visa was not needed.
Thanks to having the right connections we were given free bikes by KTM Austria, we are forever grateful. Bike hire is quite expensive in Europe, but having done the trip, and now living here, really, a big bike is not needed, it can be done with ease on a smaller bike, like a Honda NC 750, which would ease the pain on your pocket fuel cost wise.
Enjoy the story....and feel free to ask any questions if you are considering a bike trip in Europe, which is really the best way to do it...